FINCAD, provides innovative and trusted financial analytics software and services supporting the valuation, reporting and risk management of multi-asset, multi-currency portfolios to top financial institutions around the globe. With deep market understanding, a client-centered business approach, and unmatched quantitative and software engineering expertise, FINCAD is uniquely positioned to lead the market in enterprise valuation and risk technology.
In this role you will lead a group of smart, technical people working on a wide variety of applications of financial engineering across many areas of FINCAD's business. These include:
- building solutions using FINCAD software to solve clients' pricing and risk measurement problems on vanilla and exotic derivatives from all asset classes but with a primary focus on Fixed Income, Rates and FX.
- supporting clients using FINCAD software solutions in collaboration with FINCAD's Client Services team
- cross functional team work to incorporate pricing and risk solutions into FINCAD's products
- conducting research into industry-relevant topics in quantitative finance and communicating results in the form of articles and product documentation
In this role, you get to:
- provide technical leadership and direction for the Dublin Financial Engineering Hub
- manage resourcing within the team, balancing potentially competing needs of different business areas and the career development of individuals
- coach and mentor team members, typically recent graduates, as they develop their careers working on projects in each of the above areas
- build strong collaborative relationships with a wide range of leaders across the business
- continue to learn and build expertise in all areas of financial engineering through direct interaction with clients, and through supporting team members' project work
To be successful in this role, you have:
- graduate degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Physics etc.) with strong quantitative skills, or comparable experience
- 4+ years of experience of quantitative work with derivatives in capital markets
- previous leadership experience ideally, with a commitment to developing people and enabling them to achieve career goals
- proficiency in concepts of the financial derivatives market, in particular financial instrument valuations and risk analytics
- excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences and through a variety of mediums
- ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and performance-driven environment
Would be great if you also have:
- proficiency in an object oriented financial analytics library (FINCAD F3 preferable)
- recent programming experience (preferably Python)
- good quantitative skills applied mathematics with a focus on probability stochastic calculus, stochastic processes, partial differential equations and numerical analysis
- a strong and focused interest in quantitative finance and a strong desire to learn more.
- an enjoyment/ ability to work in different FINCAD office locations from time-to-time (e.g. London, Vancouver, New York)
At FINCAD, you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside smart, driven people to build something that matters. The learning is continuous and in addition to a flexible work environment, we offer a generous vacation policy.