FINCAD, provides innovative and trusted financial analytics software and services supporting the valuation, reporting and risk management of multi-asset, multi-currency portfolios to top financial institutions around the globe. With deep market understanding, a client-centered business approach, and unmatched quantitative and software engineering expertise, FINCAD is uniquely positioned to lead the market in enterprise valuation and risk technology.
We have a Senior Software Developer position, which is part of FINCAD's technical client facing team, Client Services, that partners closely with FINCAD's Research & Development team on implementing FINCAD solutions for customers. A key goal for the team is to contribute to building out our hosted solution in AWS.
As a Senior Software Developer at FINCAD, you get to:
- Provide technical leadership on client implementation projects making architectural decisions to ensure customer success
- Work closely with architects and senior developers to design new features and to improve existing functionality in our applications
- Develop primarily in Python within a microservice architecture
- Conduct research on new tools and technologies to further the development of FINCAD's software
- Travel (up to 25%) to customer sites and work in diverse technical environments
To ensure your success, you must have:
- At least 8 years of professional software development experience
- Strong proficiency in Java or Python
- Experience designing and troubleshooting in a heterogeneous distributed system with multiple technologies
- Experience of full software development lifecycle: requirements, design, build, test and deployment
- A proven track record of high performance and the ability to operate independently without close oversight when required
- Desire to work in a fast-moving environment using many different toolsets
- Computer Science, Software Engineering or other degree with a strong software component
Would be great if you also have:
- Experience working closely with or in DevOps teams
- Experience working in AWS / Azure or other containerized / serverless infrastructures
- Experience working directly with customers
- Experience in data management and data integration.
- Relational Database experience
- Knowledge of the financial industry, ideally including financial systems