FINCAD, provides innovative and trusted financial analytics software and services supporting the valuation, reporting and risk management of multi-asset, multi-currency portfolios to top financial institutions around the globe. With deep market understanding, a client-centered business approach, and unmatched quantitative and software engineering expertise, FINCAD is uniquely positioned to lead the market in enterprise valuation and risk technology.
Our London office is located at WeWork Waterloo building situated on London's South Bank - the city's epicentre of culture, arts, and business with inspiring views of the London Eye, Big Ben, and the Thames.
As an Associate Financial Engineer in our London Client Services Pre-Sales team, you will be part of a team of smart, friendly and highly technical people working on a wide variety of client-facing, pre-sales opportunities.
Activities associated with the role include:
- Prototyping solutions using FINCAD software to solve clients' pricing and risk measurement problems on vanilla and exotic derivatives from all asset classes but with a primary focus on Fixed Income, Rates and FX.
- Use FINCAD software to build Excel AND Python solutions for clients
- Attending client-meetings to effectively understand and analyze customer business requirements and assist with proposals
- Supporting clients using FINCAD software solutions in collaboration with FINCAD's Client Services team
- Provide training materials and workshops, both for internal and external parties
- Conducting research into industry-relevant topics in quantitative finance and communicating results in the form of articles and product documentation
- Continually deepen personal knowledge of the financial domain through self / assisted studies
- Travel (up to 25%) to customer locations and/or other FINCAD global office locations to deliver FINCAD services.
To be successful in this role, you have:
- Graduate degree in a technical discipline (e.g. Quantitative Finance, Mathematics, Physics etc.) with strong quantitative skills, or comparable experience
- 2+ years of experience of quantitative work with derivatives in capital markets
- A passion for working with customers to find the right solutions to meet their needs.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences and through a variety of mediums
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork and collaboration mindset, and customer orientation.
- Some Python programming experience
- An interest in further developing both quantitative and software-development skills
Would be great if you also have:
- an enjoyment/ ability to work in different locations from time-to-time (e.g. Dublin, Vancouver, New York)
At FINCAD, you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside smart, driven people to build something that matters. The learning is continuous and in addition to a flexible work environment, we offer a generous vacation policy.