FINCAD provides software and services supporting the valuation, reporting and risk management of multi-asset, multi-currency portfolios to hedge funds, asset managers, insurers, pension funds, banks, and corporate treasuries around the world from our offices in Vancouver, New York, London and Dublin.
We are in search of a Software Developer to join FINCAD's Professional Services team. In this position you get to work on client projects in a wide variety of applications of quantitative development across many areas of FINCAD's business.
As a Software Developer in the Professional Services team you get to:
- Implement complex valuation and risk solutions through customer implementation projects.
- Actively seek and clarify requirements with internal stakeholders.
- Implement microservices and libraries with performance, usability and maintainability in mind.
- Use automation to deploy, test and deliver code in a fast paced environment.
- Stay up to date on cloud technology, coding best practices and third party packages.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A post-secondary degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- 5+ years of employment experience in a software development environment.
- Strong hands-on experience using Python. Preference would be given to candidates that also have Java experience.
- Solid understanding of software development patterns and best practices.
- Experience with microservices and associated technologies (e.g. REST).
- Understanding of distributed software architectures.
- Experience in data management and data integration.
Preference will be given to those candidates that have additional experience with the following:
- Cloud technologies and containerization.
- Jenkins, Ansible and Git.
At FINCAD, you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside hard-working, smart people to build something that matters