FINCAD empowers Capital Market participants to solve derivative analytics problems with innovative simplicity. The key to our success for over 30 years is our unique combination of innovative engineering and a highly dedicated team committed to going above and beyond to help customers and partners achieve their goals. FINCAD is now the Capital Markets Group within Zafin. Products and services will continue to be offered under the FINCAD brand. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices globally, FINCAD delivers the technology that instills Confidence in Risk.
We are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer in British Columbia for the last 11 years and a Top Canadian SME employer for the last three years in a row.
Location: This position is based in Dublin, Ireland, but it can accommodate flexible (office/home hybrid model) and/or remote work arrangements.
We are looking for a Masters graduate with Math, Science, Engineering or Finance degree to join our Client Services (CS) team as an Associate Quantitative Analyst to provide assistance to our customers by supporting their FINCAD solutions for their pricing and risk measurement problems.
This will involve applying knowledge of financial securities and their derivatives, valuation methodologies, and technical expertise (related to general usage of FINCAD software and applications). You will also play a role in helping to support and maintain our hosted cloud server infrastructure from a financial engineering perspective. This is a position which may/will involve some shared weekend shifts/on-call shifts with other team members.
Your responsibilities include the following:
- Troubleshoot FINCAD software problems, diagnose and solve technical issues in a professional, friendly and helpful manner either over the telephone or by email.
- Proactively communicate with internal and external customers to provide updates on issues and solutions.
- Provide first level support and be persistent through internal escalation to get resolutions for our customers.
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of support tickets.
- Understand customer requirements for application development using FINCAD technologies, including taking account of their enterprise IT infrastructure.
- Prioritize and manage multiple open cases and/or project tasks simultaneously.
- Work collaboratively with Sales, Client Services, Operations and R&D to champion solutions for customer business needs and resolve critical customer issues.
To be successful in this role, you must:
Why choose FINCAD as your preferred employer?
At FINCAD you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside very smart and hard-working people to build something that matters. The learning is continuous and in addition to competitive rewards, a flexible work environment, we offer a generous vacation policy.
We have transitioned to a flexible working approach and this role is expected to be remote, ideally in either the US or Canada. A willingness to work flexible hours given global collaboration across the Pacific, Eastern and European time zones is essential.
In addition to competitive salary and a great place to work, we offer:
Flexibility: At FINCAD, it's about getting the job done. You have flexibility when it comes to where and when you work.
Supportive Environment: We get that our team members have lives outside of work. We are understanding and supporting them in any way we can.
Professional Development: We offer a development-focused working environment that provides continual opportunities to learn and hone your skills.
Community Involvement: Working at FINCAD means you will be able to give back to your local and global communities with our organized volunteer efforts. And we welcome you taking initiative on where we can get involved more.
Time to Recharge: Our people work hard. And we realize it's important for them to have time to relax and recharge. That's why we offer a minimum of four weeks vacation to all employees.
Wellness Plans: We provide competitive health, dental and retirement plans in each of the countries we operate.