FINCAD empowers organizations to optimize risk and return through simplified and direct control over the pricing and risk analytics of financial derivatives and fixed income products. The key to our success for over 30 years is our unique combination of innovative engineering and a highly dedicated team committed to going above and beyond to help customers and partners achieve their goals. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices in New York, London, and Dublin - FINCAD delivers the technology and support that instills Confidence in Risk.
We are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer in British Columbia for the last 11 years and a Top Canadian SME employer for the last three years in a row.
Location: This position is based in Vancouver, Canada, but it can accommodate flexible (office/home hybrid model) and/or remote work arrangements.
We are in search of an Associate Quantitative Developer to join FINCAD's Professional Services team in a fulltime permanent or contract capacity. In this position, you will have a direct impact on FINCAD's success by working directly with our clients, always striving to meet their business objectives. Your key responsibilities include:
- Working on complex valuation and risk solutions through customer implementation projects.
- Contributing to the full lifecycle of professional services engagements working with a team of Financial Engineers, Quantitative Analysts, Solution Architects / Developers and Project managers.
- Partnering closely with engineering, sales, pre-sales, and supporting the delivery of analytics solutions that meet our clients' expectations.
- Actively contributing to a positive, collaborative, and high performing team environment across Professional Services and FINCAD.
Please note: Some travel to customers and/or other FINCAD global locations may be required.
To be successful in this role, you should:
- Be a recent graduate with an advanced degree (Master) in a technical discipline, such as quantitative finance, financial engineering, mathematics, or physics.
- Preference will be given to those that have work experience in financial derivatives, risk analytics and capital markets with strong understanding of quantitative finance.
- Have hands-on experience with python.
- Have a solid understanding of financial derivatives.
- Demonstrate appetite for continuous professional development and growth.
Preference will be given to those candidates that have additional experience with the following:
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and best practices of the same (preferably Agile) and development tools like JIRA.
- Experience with cloud-based native services and SaaS offerings.
- Past experience working as a consultant and/or other professional/client services teams on software implementation projects.
Why choose FINCAD as your preferred employer?
At FINCAD you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside very smart and hard-working people to build something that matters. The learning is continuous and in addition to competitive rewards, a flexible work environment, we offer a generous vacation policy.
We have transitioned to a flexible working approach and this role is expected to be remote, ideally in either the US or Canada. A willingness to work flexible hours given global collaboration across the Pacific, Eastern and European time zones is essential.
In addition to competitive salary and a great place to work, we offer:
Flexibility: At FINCAD, it's about getting the job done. You have flexibility when it comes to where and when you work.
Supportive Environment: We get that our team members have lives outside of work. We are understanding and supporting them in any way we can.
Professional Development: We offer a development-focused working environment that provides continual opportunities to learn and hone your skills.
Community Involvement: Working at FINCAD means you will be able to give back to your local and global communities with our organized volunteer efforts. And we welcome you taking initiative on where we can get involved more.
Time to Recharge: Our people work hard. And we realize it's important for them to have time to relax and recharge. That's why we offer a minimum of four weeks vacation to all employees.
Wellness Plans: We provide competitive health, dental and retirement plans in each of the countries we operate.