The Business Data Analyst position will report to the VP, Finance and work closely with FINCAD's management team, including the CEO. Business Data Analyst will be involved in supporting strategic data-driven business decisions and reporting the businesses results to stakeholders, including to the Board. The position will require an experienced analyst with strong business acumen, who is always diving deeper to learn and provide insight on the business's financials, operating model, products, customers and markets.
* Please note: This contract position can be up to 12 months and is open to 80% part-time or full-time.
In this position, you get to:
- Participate in and drive the financial-planning process, including budgets, forecasts, and long-term plan, leveraging Excel, Python, and Workday Adaptive Planning.
- Analyze financial data, identify trends and develop financial models for decision support.
- Build a deep understanding of FINCAD's customer base, revenue streams and product profitability.
- Develop and track operational metrics aligned with strategic goals.
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely.
- Collect, analyze and manage quantitative data, creating meaningful reports to lead business improvement and drive to profitability.
- Conduct root cause analysis and uncover core issues using financial, sales, and productivity data.
- 5+ years in positions that require data analysis, reporting financial results, forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation of business impact and results.
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques.
- Depth in data gathering and analysis, developing a hypothesis and affirming or refuting a hypothesis with data.
- Experience developing business relevant operating metrics and ongoing maintenance.
- Increased productivity by developing automated reporting and forecasting tools.
- Ideally have a general understanding of International Finance Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or willingness to learn.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel using macros, index, conditional list, arrays, pivots, and lookups and proficiency with data query and data management tools.
- Experience with Python, manipulating data through the use of pandas, NumPy and some statistics/math, and data visualization capability, e.g. Plotly in Python.
- Smart, curious, and eager to work in an intellectually challenging environment.
- Able to collaborate and drive solutions forward, removing roadblocks as necessary.
- Detail oriented with the ability to see the big picture and think strategically.