FINCAD empowers Capital Market participants to solve derivative analytics problems with innovative simplicity. The key to our success for over 30 years is our unique combination of innovative engineering and a highly dedicated team committed to going above and beyond to help customers and partners achieve their goals. FINCAD is now the Capital Markets Group within Zafin. Products and services will continue to be offered under the FINCAD brand. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices globally, FINCAD delivers the technology that instills Confidence in Risk.
We are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer in British Columbia for the last 11 years and a Top Canadian SME employer for the last three years in a row.
As a Business Development Representative, you will play an integral role in sales development activities supporting FINCAD, the Capital Markets Group of Zafin. Working in a matrix structure, you will be part of the global Business Development team, partnering closely with the FINCAD sales and marketing teams. Your key responsibilities will include:
- To create the foundation for FINCAD to win business, create value for customers and define FINCAD's position in the derivatives and risk analytics space.
- To generate and nurture qualified leads while collaborating on targeted growth campaigns for FINCAD's analytics software offerings.
- To prospect and manage business development activities within the company's addressable markets.
- To build a growth pipeline of key individuals within target organizations, utilizing digital channels and social media to identify new leads and potential new markets.
In this position, you get to:
- Identify and target prospective FINCAD customers through prospecting, emailing, LinkedIn research and networking.
- Maintain an organized and consistently productive prospecting approach.
- Create and manage multiple prospecting plans of attack based on different personas and value propositions.
- Identify relevant trends in the capital markets and create new prospecting email messages and phone scripts utilizing available marketing content.
- Track activities, meet KPIs, and maintain relevant information using Salesforce.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and following up to generate meetings between sales team members and prospects.
- Perform online research of accounts and understand the institutions' financial metrics and challenges to identify "pain points" and to create customized messaging.
- Research and add new account contacts into Salesforce and maintain data integrity.
- Partner with the Marketing team to create other marketing programs (market research, event marketing, lead generation, partner marketing, content marketing, account-based marketing, etc.) as needed.
- Support the Sales team with pipeline management and deal progression.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A Bachelor's Degree, ideally with a major in finance, economics, or mathematics.
- 3+ years of experience and success in business development, ideally in the fintech space targeting capital markets institutions.
- A proven track record of prospecting success utilizing various methods of outreach targeting senior professionals (VP/C-level), using a research-based approach to identify prospect needs.
- A thorough understanding that prospecting requires activity through various channels. Having a positive attitude and growth mindset are key to being successful.
- A significant interest in the capital markets with a curiosity and commitment to learn about the derivative analytics business problems which FINCAD's software helps solve.
- The ability to thrive in a target-driven environment.
- A strong attention to detail coupled with excellent articulation, communication (written/verbal) and collaboration skills.
- Self-motivation, resilience and a strong desire to succeed.
- The ability to interact effectively with diverse stakeholders internally and externally.
- Strong organization and time management skills; able to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Be well versed in social media, social selling, and digital growth.
- Manage, lead, monitor, and participate in social media "chat groups".
- Have experience with CRM and Sales tracking tools, ideally including Salesforce and LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
- Ability to work flexible hours based on business needs and global collaboration across multiple time zones.
- Preference will be given to those candidates that have a Masters in Finance education and/or experience working in the capital markets in a non sales capacity with familiarity and understanding of financial derivatives.
Why choose FINCAD as your preferred employer?
At FINCAD you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside very smart and hard-working people to build something that matters. The learning is continuous and in addition to competitive rewards, a flexible work environment, we offer a generous vacation policy.
We have transitioned to a flexible working approach and this role is expected to be remote, ideally in either the US or Canada. A willingness to work flexible hours given global collaboration across the Pacific, Eastern and European time zones is essential.
In addition to competitive salary and a great place to work, we offer:
Flexibility: At FINCAD, it's about getting the job done. You have flexibility when it comes to where and when you work.
Supportive Environment: We get that our team members have lives outside of work. We are understanding and supporting them in any way we can.
Professional Development: We offer a development-focused working environment that provides continual opportunities to learn and hone your skills.
Community Involvement: Working at FINCAD means you will be able to give back to your local and global communities with our organized volunteer efforts. And we welcome you taking initiative on where we can get involved more.
Time to Recharge: Our people work hard. And we realize it's important for them to have time to relax and recharge. That's why we offer a minimum of four weeks vacation to all employees.
Wellness Plans: We provide competitive health, dental and retirement plans in each of the countries we operate.