FINCAD is a pioneer in providing pricing, modeling and risk analytics to financial institutions and corporate treasury departments. From the most basic services to sophisticated bespoke solutions, FINCAD has the financial engineering expertise to address any derivative challenge. We empower global organizations to optimize risk and return through simplified and direct control over the valuation and analytics of derivatives. With the most precise, transparent, and scalable technologies, the key to our success is our unique combination of innovative engineering and a highly dedicated team committed to going above and beyond to help customers and partners achieve their goals.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices in New York, London, and Dublin - FINCAD delivers the technology and support that instills Confidence in Risk.
As the Head of Marketing, you will join an organization with a well established and loyal worldwide customer base, which is embarking on next level growth and is ready to bring a louder voice to the market and expand its new client acquisition efforts. This is a great opportunity for a highly driven, strategically minded marketing leader who is eager to take responsibility for leading and executing this go-to-market charge.
We are a nimble company where everyone including leadership plays a hands-on role in contributing to the business's growth. For that reason, as a Marketing leader, you will need to be someone who can bring strategic insight and decision-making capabilities together with a desire to roll up your sleeves and get things done. Ideally, you have a track record of digging in to learn the business and a true interest in understanding the nuances of the capital markets financial technology industry. you will have a creative flair and experience in developing and executing innovative marketing plans. With new product initiatives underway, you will have the opportunity to leverage your expertise in both demand generation and product marketing.
In this position, you get to:
- Drive the strategy and execution of the Marketing department; currently a team of three in addition to the Head of Marketing.
- Be the in-house expert for our channels with autonomy and support to achieve agreed strategies, delivering campaigns focused on how we solve business problems for our clients.
- Partner across the organization, in particular with the heads of Direct Sales, Product Strategy & Client Services, Strategic Business Development, Product Development, and the CEO, as well as externally with our marketing consultants.
- Develop and execute repeatable targeted marketing programs to contribute to accelerating sales growth.
- Identify and recommend effective marketing approaches aligned with business strategy, based on a strong understanding of FINCAD's product offerings, target markets (i.e., asset managers, hedge funds, banks etc.) and competitive market trends.
- Equip and empower the Sales functions with relevant and results driven tools and metrics to facilitate revenue growth (i.e., Salesforce.com dashboards and metrics, lead management, pipeline generation, and sales collateral).
- Run experiments to test hypotheses and bring analytical rigour to campaigns for informing go-to-market strategies and lead generation.
- In partnership with Product Strategy, organize the capture of detailed information in Salesforce.com about opportunities, prospects, and clients as well as product feedback, gaps, and impediments. Work with the Sales, Professional Services and Customer Support teams to capture data over the client lifecycle.
- In conjunction with the CEO and external consultants, coordinate the interaction and management of the Company's relationship with media and contributed content partners.
- Together with Product Strategy build relationships with the analyst community, to aid in their understanding of FINCAD's products and messaging. (i.e. Chartis, Celent).
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop growth plans for the organization.
- Forecast, implement, and oversee the department's strategic plan and operating budget.
- Highly motivated to contribute to a dynamic, high growth company in an ever-changing environment and able to lead others through with direction and focus.
- Ready to run your own shop, if not already, with at least 7-10 years experience as a senior market manager / director of a capital markets oriented financial technology firm (preferred) or financial institution.
- Experienced in partnering and influencing senior functional leaders in product management and sales,
- Have benefited from exposure and experience in at least 3 different marketing organizations, ideally including larger organizations.
- An agile, resourceful, innovative, and resilient leader who builds strong teams and alliances.
- A strategic mindset, with a hands on "let's get it done' operational approach.
- Smart, curious, and eager to work in an intellectually challenging environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and personal presence, able to engage with anyone.
- A marketing generalist, with strength and creativity in both corporate marketing, demand generation and product marketing.
- Experience developing effective marketing plans and coordinating their execution and measurement across multiple marketing channels and geographies.
- Strong project management skills, focus on metrics and attention to detail.
- Able to collaborate and drive solutions forward, removing roadblocks, as necessary.
- Willing to work flexible hours given global collaboration requirements across the Pacific, Eastern and European time zones.
- Ability to travel as necessary, approximately 10% of the time.
At FINCAD you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside very smart and hard-working people to build something that matters. The learning is continuous and in addition to competitive rewards, a flexible work environment, we offer a generous vacation policy.
Due to Covid-19 we have transitioned to a work-from-home model. This role is expected to begin as a remote position in either the US, Canada Ireland, or the UK, with the ability ideally to work from one of our offices in the future, at least part-time. We understand each person's circumstances are unique and will work with you to explore possible options.