FINCAD is a pioneer in providing pricing, modeling and risk analytics to financial institutions and corporate treasury departments. From the most basic services to sophisticated bespoke solutions, FINCAD has the financial engineering expertise to address any derivative challenge. We empower global organizations to optimize risk and return through simplified and direct control over the valuation and analytics of derivatives. With the most precise, transparent and scalable technologies, the key to our success is our unique combination of innovative engineering and a highly dedicated team committed to going above and beyond to help customers and partners achieve their goals.
We are hiring a Product Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Product Strategy & Client Services you will have a direct impact on the success of FINCAD by helping shape the future of our financial analytics offerings and contribute at all stages of the product life cycle, including:
Product Strategy & Definition
- Gain deep understanding in client and competitive market trends relevant to FINCAD's products, including industry structure, competitive dynamics and distinctive FINCAD capabilities so as to contribute and have a voice in strategic planning and product planning for FINCAD's product and service offerings.
- Participate in the development of long term roadmaps, and collaborate with the Sales and Marketing teams on the development of detailed value propositions, business use cases, and go to market strategies.
- Formulate high-level market requirements and work with the development team and Technical Product Manager to drive the development life cycle from business requirements and solution design to product release.
- Develop and infuse the organization with a deep knowledge of customer perspectives and requirements.
- Engage with customers directly and facilitate a strong transfer of information from customer-facing teams on customer and prospect experience. Elicit needs, validate product direction, and support strategic sales activities.
- In partnership with Marketing, organize the capture of detailed information in Salesforce.com about opportunities, prospects and clients as well as product feedback, gaps and impediments. Work with the Sales, Professional Services and Customer Support teams to capture data over the client lifecycle.
- Analyze customer and market data to provide insight with regards to business opportunities and feed that into the product development process.
- Build the infrastructure required to monitor and report on the financial performance of different product lines (e.g. sales, profitability, and ROI).
Marketing and Sales support
- As a product champion, prepare and deliver internal and customer-facing product presentations.
- Collaborate closely with Sales and Marketing to contribute to product positioning, go-to-market campaign strategies, and campaign content.
- Serve as the central hub for product-related communications, ensuring that product stakeholders throughout the organization remain aligned, informed and empowered.
- Ensure the Sales, Customer Support, and Professional Services organizations are fully trained on new products and features.
To ensure your success, you must have:
- A passion for financial technology and being part of a company that delivers technological solutions to the financial markets.
- Strong strategic thought, tactical planning and execution skills with good understanding of software and cloud technologies.
- Enthusiasm about data and analytics
- Computer Science, Finance or Technical undergraduate degree.
- 3 -5 years in a product management role in comparable financial technology companies with experience delivering highly usable B2B software products.
- A breadth of product management experience including but not limited to conducting competitive market analyses, developing pricing recommendations, and partnering with internal stakeholders to release new products.
- Very strong communication skills with the ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences and through a variety of mediums.
- Detail oriented with good planning, problem solving and organizational abilities.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging and performance-driven environment with a strong commitment to deadlines.
- Exceptional collaboration abilities to partner effectively with key stakeholders in Sales, Product Development, Client Services and Marketing
- A willingness to work flexible hours given global collaboration requirements across the Pacific, Eastern and European time zones.
- Ability to travel to client sites as required approximately 10% of the time.
- Desire to join a growing company that truly values teamwork, honesty, integrity, delivering results, and putting customers first.
It would be great if you also have:
- In-depth knowledge of the capital markets industry including Over the Counter (OTC) derivatives.
- Financial industry qualification such as Chartered Financial Analyst, Professional Risk Management or Financial Risk Management certification.
At Fincad, you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside smart, driven people who work hard to build something that matters. The learning is continuous and work-life balance is achievable through a generous vacation policy.