At FINCAD, we are a pioneer in providing pricing, modeling, and risk analytics to financial institutions as well as corporate treasury departments. From the most basic to the bespoke, we have the financial engineering expertise that can address any derivative challenge. We empower global organizations to optimize risk and return through simplified and direct control over the valuation and analytics of derivatives. With the most precise, transparent, and scalable technologies, we combine innovative engineering and a highly dedicated team committed to go above and beyond to help customers and partners achieve their goals.
We are hiring a Project Manager to join our Surrey (British Columbia, Canada) office to support the Research & Development and Client Services teams on a full-time basis.
- An organized, high performing, results-focused professional project manager with 3-5 years experience of supporting business strategy, architecture, and target operating models (TOM).
- You are a people-person, who proactively seeks out opportunities to support those around you.
- A strategic thinker, with a good understanding of tools and techniques required for effective business change and software implementation.
- You can execute and monitor project tasks and control points for others to follow.
- You are technically minded with a project management, business analysis, and/or systems analysis background.
- You have a high attention to detail and can make sure that day-to-day processes are operating effectively, and project milestones are achieved.
- You help both internal and external stakeholders to be successful in a fast paced and technical environment.
As a Project Manager in our Research & Development team, reporting to our Dublin (Ireland) based Senior Project Manager, you get to:
- Provide project management support to the R&D team by coordinating their roadmap execution plan and tracking deliverables & milestones as outlined by key stakeholders.
- Manage change best practices and processes as priorities and timelines of the roadmap shift.
- Handle day-to-day team administration, including resource management, operational management, and controls (i.e., project scheduling, timesheets, expense reporting, documentation controls), and operational reporting.
- Track and report progress against agreed milestones, financial targets, and handle project billing, revenue reporting and forecasting as applicable.
- Support the coordination of training documentation and data management including key decision signoffs as applicable.
- Be an active contributor to a positive, collaborative, and high performing team environment.
To ensure your success, you must have:
- Over three (3) years of project management experience in implementing technology solutions, ideally in financial institutions, trading, and risk systems.
- A strong understanding of all aspects of systems implementation and software development life cycles (mostly change management and release planning).
- Demonstrable experience in communication, influencing, leading, and building relationships at all levels both internally and externally.
- Related university degree (i.e., Computer Science, Business, Management Information Systems, etc.).
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen interest in continuous process improvement.
- An effective stakeholder manager, with strong communication and customer interaction skills.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time when required.
It would be great if you also have:
- Project Management certifications (i.e., Prince2, PMP, CAPM).
- Salesforce and JIRA knowledge.
- Knowledge of concepts or experience in Quantitative Finance.
At FINCAD, you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside smart, driven people who work hard to build something that matters. The learning is continuous and work-life balance is achievable through a generous vacation policy.