FINCAD, the Capital Markets Group within Zafin, empowers capital market participants to solve complex derivative analytics problems with simplicity. The key to our success for over 30 years is our combination of innovative engineering and a highly dedicated team committed to going above and beyond to help customers and partners achieve their goals. Products and services will continue to be offered under the FINCAD brand. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices globally, FINCAD delivers the technology that instills Confidence in Risk.
We are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer in British Columbia for the last 11 years and a Top Canadian SME employer for the last three years in a row.
As a Quantitative Analyst in the Core Analytics team at FINCAD, you get to:
- Research and design quantitative solutions to solve clients' pricing and risk management problems relating to vanilla and exotic derivatives from all asset classes: interest rate, FX, commodity, equity, credit, and fixed income.
- Design, maintain, and extend our C++ and Python analytics library.
- Conduct research into industry-relevant topics in quantitative finance and communicate results in the form of articles and product documentation.
- Provide technical support to our client-facing staff as they win business and help our clients succeed with our software.
- Continually deepen personal knowledge of the financial and software domains through self and assisted studies.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A graduate degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., mathematics, physics, statistics, engineering, quantitative finance).
- Programming experience with C++ and Python and an understanding of object-oriented design.
- 2+ years of technical work and/or research experience, preferably in quantitative finance and derivatives.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences and through a variety of mediums.
- The ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, and performance-driven environment.
Location: We have transitioned to a flexible working approach and this role can accommodate a remote work location. The successful candidate must be able to work the Pacific Time Zone business hours.
What's in it for you?
If you work with us, we expect you’ll show the spirit, drive, and intellect that makes you great. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits, and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. If you believe you are up for the challenge, please apply.
We welcome and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.