Join FINCAD (Zafin Capital Markets), a specialized financial technology vendor and pioneer in providing pricing, modeling, and risk analytics to top financial institutions around the globe. Working at FINCAD provides exposure to a breadth of challenging industry problems and the opportunity to help build a high-growth company. Imagine getting to grow your career in a dynamic business with smart, passionate, and hard-working colleagues helping build world-class solutions to solve complex derivatives valuation and risk problems for our customers. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with locations in New York, London, Sydney, and Dublin - FINCAD delivers the technology and support that instills Confidence in Risk. To learn more about FINCAD's award-winning solutions, please visit www.fincad.com.
We are in search of a Quantitative Analyst to join FINCAD's Go-to-Markets Presales team. In this position, you contribute to pre-sales engagements by working with a team of Financial Engineers, Quantitative Developers, and Quantitative Analysts.
As a Quantitative Analyst in the Go-to-Markets Pre-Sales team, you get to:
- Conduct discovery with the enterprise sales team to determine FINCADs optimal product offerings
- Build custom demonstrations and applications of our product suite, but with a primary focus on FINCAD Python Analytics, and FINCAD Cloud Services
- Build and demo complex client-specific Proof Of Concepts
- Contribute to the development of FINCAD Python Analytics by productizing work done in pre-sales engagements for future reuse
- Be an active contributor to a positive, collaborative, and high performing team environment
- Continually deepen personal knowledge of the financial derivatives and fixed-income domain through self and assisted studies
- Stay up to date on cloud technology, coding best practices, and third-party packages
- Some travel to customers and/or other FINCAD global locations may be required
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- English and Mandarin fluency
- A post-secondary degree in Mathematics, Physics, or Quantitative Finance
- 5+ years of employment experience in Quantitative Finance
- Strong hands-on experience using Python
- A strong interest in working directly with customers and providing customer-oriented solutions.
Preference will be given to those candidates that have:
- Customer-facing experience
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented languages
- Hands-on experience with derivatives pricing libraries
- Cloud technologies and containerization
- Jupyter notebooks
Location: This position can accommodate a remote work location.
Working Time Zone: GMT +8.
Why choose FINCAD as your preferred employer?
At FINCAD you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside very smart and hard-working people to build something that matters. The learning is continuous and in addition to competitive rewards, a flexible work environment, we offer a generous vacation policy.
We have transitioned to a flexible working approach and this role is expected to be remote, ideally in either the US or Canada. A willingness to work flexible hours given global collaboration across the Pacific, Eastern and European time zones is essential.
In addition to competitive salary and a great place to work, we offer:
Flexibility: At FINCAD, it's about getting the job done. You have flexibility when it comes to where and when you work.
Supportive Environment: We get that our team members have lives outside of work. We are understanding and supporting them in any way we can.
Professional Development: We offer a development-focused working environment that provides continual opportunities to learn and hone your skills.
Community Involvement: Working at FINCAD means you will be able to give back to your local and global communities with our organized volunteer efforts. And we welcome you taking initiative on where we can get involved more.
Time to Recharge: Our people work hard. And we realize it's important for them to have time to relax and recharge. That's why we offer a minimum of four weeks vacation to all employees.
Wellness Plans: We provide competitive health, dental and retirement plans in each of the countries we operate.