FINCAD, the Capital Markets Group within Zafin, empowers capital market participants to solve complex derivative analytics problems with simplicity. The key to our success for over 30 years is our combination of innovative engineering and a highly dedicated team committed to going above and beyond to help customers and partners achieve their goals. Products and services will continue to be offered under the FINCAD brand. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices globally, FINCAD delivers the technology that instills Confidence in Risk.
We are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer in British Columbia for the last 11 years and a Top Canadian SME employer for the last three years in a row.
As a Quantitative Analyst with our FINCAD's Go-to-Market Presales team, you will contribute to partner and presales engagements by working with a team of Financial Engineers, Quantitative Developers, and Quantitative Analysts. Additionally, you will:
- Conduct discovery with the enterprise sales team to determine FINCADs optimal product offering
- Run proofs-of-concept with FINCAD partners and clients on innovative solution offerings
- Build and demo custom applications of our product suite, but with a primary focus on FINCAD Python Analytics, and FINCAD Cloud Services
- Contribute to the development of FINCAD Python Analytics by productizing work done in presales engagements for future reuse
- Be an active contributor to a positive, collaborative, and high-performing team environment
- Continually deepen personal knowledge of the financial derivatives and fixed-income domain through self and assisted studies
- Stay up to date on cloud technology, coding best practices, and third-party packages
- Travel to customers and/or other FINCAD global offices
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- A post-secondary degree in Mathematics, Physics, or Quantitative Finance
- 3+ years of employment experience in Quantitative Finance
- Strong hands-on experience using Python
- A strong interest in working directly with customers and providing customer-oriented solutions
Preference will be given to those candidates that have additional experience with the following:
- Customer-facing experience
- Hands-on experience with object-oriented languages
- Hands-on experience with derivatives pricing libraries
- Cloud technologies and containerization
- Jupyter Notebook
What's in it for you?
If you work with us, we expect you’ll show the spirit, drive, and intellect that makes you great. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits, and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. If you believe you are up for the challenge, please apply.
We welcome and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.