Join FINCAD, a specialized financial technology vendor and pioneer in providing pricing, modeling, and risk analytics to top financial institutions around the globe. Working at FINCAD provides exposure to a breadth of challenging industry problems and the opportunity to help build a high growth company. Imagine getting to grow your career in a dynamic business with smart, passionate, and hard-working colleagues helping build world-class solutions to solve complex derivatives valuation and risk problems for our customers. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with locations in New York, London, and Dublin - FINCAD delivers the technology and support that instills Confidence in Risk. To learn more about FINCAD's award-winning solutions, please visit www.fincad.com.
We are in search of a Quantitative Developer to join FINCAD's Client Services Professional Services team. In this position, you will have a direct impact on the success of FINCAD by contributing to making our clients successful. You will work directly with our clients, always striving to meet their business objectives.
As a Quantitative Developer in the Client Services Pre-Sales team, you get to:
- Work on complex valuation and risk solutions through customer implementation projects
- Contribute to the full lifecycle of professional services engagements working with a team of Financial Engineers, Quantitative Analysts, Solution Architects / Developers and Project managers
- Partner closely with engineering, sales, pre-sales, and support to deliver analytics solutions that meet our clients’ expectations
- Coach and mentor other team members
- Be an active contributor to a positive, collaborative, and high performing team environment across Client Services and FINCAD.
- Some travel to customers and/or other FINCAD global locations may be required, only as also allowed by health authorities.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- At least 4 years in financial derivatives, risk analytics and capital markets with strong understanding of quantitative finance
- Strong demonstration, communication, and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and best practices of the same (preferably Agile) and development tools like JIRA.
- Strong hands-on experience with python
Preference will be given to those candidates that have additional experience with the following:
- Graduated from an advanced degree (Masters) in a technical discipline, such as quantitative finance, financial engineering, mathematics, or physics
- Experience with cloud-based native services and SaaS offerings
- Worked as a consultant and/or other professional/client services teams on software implementation projects
Location: This position can accommodate a remote work location, in either the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) or GMT.
At FINCAD, you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside hard-working, smart people to build something that matters. The learning is continuous and in addition to a flexible work environment, we offer a generous vacation policy.