Join FINCAD, a specialized financial technology vendor and pioneer in providing pricing, modeling, and risk analytics to top financial institutions around the globe. Working at FINCAD provides exposure to a breadth of challenging industry problems and the opportunity to help build a high growth company. Imagine growing your career in a dynamic business with smart, passionate, and hard-working colleagues helping build world-class solutions to solve complex derivatives valuation and risk problems for our customers. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices in New York, London, and Dublin - FINCAD delivers the technology and support that instills Confidence in Risk. To learn more about FINCAD's award-winning solutions, please visit www.fincad.com.
We are hiring a Software Developer to join our Quantitative Infrastructure team. In this position, you get to:
- maintain and develop our distributed system for building, testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery of FINCAD's products
- actively seek and clarify requirements with product owners and other subject matter experts
- design code with performance/load, usability, and maintainability in mind
- aggressively seek opportunities to automate repetitive tasks/processes
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 2+ years of work experience in a professional software development environment
- strong hands-on experience using Python3 and Bash scripting
- experience with debugging and monitoring processes.
Preference would be given to those candidates that have additional experience in/with the following:
- proficiency in cloud technologies and containerization
- knowledge of AWS services or services of other cloud providers
- familiarity with GitHub Actions or other build systems
- familiarity with Jupyter notebooks
- understanding of distributed software architectures
- ability to analyze and profile C++ code
- experience with batch and PowerShell scripting on Windows
Please note: This position is based in the Metro Vancouver area; as such, only those candidates with Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or valid work permit will be considered.
At FINCAD, you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside smart people to build something that matters. The learning is continuous. In addition to a flexible work environment, we offer a generous vacation policy.