Join FINCAD, a specialized financial technology vendor and pioneer in providing pricing, modeling and risk analytics to top financial institutions around the globe. Working at FINCAD provides exposure to a breadth of challenging industry problems and the opportunity to help build a high growth company. Imagine growing your career in a dynamic business with smart, passionate, and hard-working colleagues helping build world-class solutions to solve complex derivatives valuation and risk problems for our customers. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices in New York, London, and Dublin - FINCAD delivers the technology and support that instills Confidence in Risk. To learn more about FINCAD's award-winning solutions, please visit www.fincad.com.
We are hiring a Backend Software Developer to join FINCAD's Services team. In this position, you get to:
- be a part of an enthusiastic and collaborative team
- promote good modern software engineering practices through design and code reviews
- participate in requirements engineering with product owners and other subject matter experts
- work closely with Software Developers and Architects to document and implement designed solutions
- participate in maintaining and improving CI/CD pipelines
- assist with product deployments and production support issues
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- hands-on experience using one or more of the backend programming languages (Python, Java, C#)
- understanding of database systems
- desire and ability to learn new software and technologies quickly
Preference would be given to those candidates that have additional experience in/with the following:
- AWS services, such as DynamoDB, S3, SQS
- RESTful API development and integration
- Python 3 and related frameworks - Django, DRF, Celery
- Test-Driven Development, unit and system testing
- Source control management (git would be ideal)
- Linux-based operating system
Please note: This position is based in the Metro Vancouver area; as such, only those candidates with Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or valid work permit will be considered.
At FINCAD, you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside smart people to build something that matters. The learning is continuous. In addition to a flexible work environment, we offer a generous vacation policy.