FINCAD, the Capital Markets Group within Zafin, empowers capital market participants to solve complex derivative analytics problems with simplicity. The key to our success for over 30 years is our combination of innovative engineering and a highly dedicated team committed to going above and beyond to help customers and partners achieve their goals. Products and services will continue to be offered under the FINCAD brand. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices globally, FINCAD delivers the technology that instills Confidence in Risk.
We are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer in British Columbia for the last 11 years and a Top Canadian SME employer for the last three years in a row.
As a Software Developer in our Development department, you will work on our finance applications using FINCAD's analytics libraries and associated infrastructure.
Projects and responsibilities include:
- Using Python to build and deploy new services in our Cloud Native solutions in AWS.
- Build and extend our CI/CD process for our products.
In this position, you get to:
- Learn rapidly through hands-on project work, collaborating with industry experts at FINCAD.
- Develop a modern finance derivative valuation and risk management solution using FINCAD’s analytical libraries.
- Continually deepen personal knowledge of software domains through self and assisted studies.
- Gain hands on experience with cloud technology.
To be successful, you have:
- A BSc in computer science, software engineering, or equivalent.
- Strong Python experience and understanding of object-oriented programming, and testing frameworks.
- Experience or knowledge of one or more of the following topics is advantageous but not essential: Linux, AWS, GitHub, Django, Celery, distributed systems, and DevOps.
- A passion for solving complex software engineering problems.
- Excellent in-person and remote/virtual communication skills and the ability to convey complex information to a range of audiences and through a variety of mediums.
- Ability to create and communicate technical designs and solutions in written format.
What's in it for you?
If you work with us, we expect you’ll show the spirit, drive, and intellect that makes you great. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits, and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. If you believe you are up for the challenge, please apply.
We welcome and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.