Join FINCAD, a specialized financial technology vendor and pioneer in providing pricing, modeling and risk analytics to top financial institutions around the globe. Working at FINCAD provides exposure to a breadth of challenging industry problems and the opportunity to help build a high growth company. Imagine starting and growing your career in a dynamic business with smart, passionate, and hard-working colleagues helping build world-class solutions to solve complex derivatives valuation and risk problems for our customers. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices in New York, London, and Dublin - FINCAD delivers the technology and support that instills Confidence in Risk. To learn more about FINCAD's award-winning solutions, please visit www.fincad.com.
As a Technical Support Specialist in our Dublin office, you will have the opportunity to interact directly with clients while exploring and learning the fields of financial derivatives and software. Additionally, whilst ensuring the smooth operation of our hosted solutions (System Operations - SysOps) you will also learn about the latest in and the exciting new field of Cloud Services and Cloud Native Applications (specifically, Amazon Web Services).
As most FINCAD solutions involve both technical and financial aspects, you will be working in a highly collaborative team to manage our hosted cloud solutions and support our on-premises solutions, contributing from a technical standpoint.
Please Note: As part of a global team providing 24-7 support to our customers, this position will participate in regular weekend shift rotations. There may also be occasional travel to other FINCAD offices.
Reporting to the Manager, Support & Applications Operations, you will:
- support FINCAD's hosted cloud solutions and solve complex technological and analytical problems or escalate to appropriate experts as necessary
- provide first level monitoring and response to issues with FINCAD's financial applications, including:
- calculation failures, likely due to bad/missing inputs (financial market data)
- problems with the technology platform or application
- cloud infrastructure issues
- perform duty SysOps responsibilities on rotation, including on call duty and incident response
- perform Client Support responsibilities for FINCAD's hosted solutions, on rotation, including:
- first level support to clients with operational issues/questions
- escalate issues/questions to appropriate experts, when needed
- ensure proper recording, documentation, and closure of support tickets
- monitor, maintain, and enhance operational infrastructure
- continually gain knowledge of both the technology domain and the financial domain through self and assisted studies
- document procedures for common issues and actions
- validate model calibrations as markets move, with help from Financial Engineers
- engage directly with clients to learn about their issues and provide solutions about how FINCAD can solve them
To be successful in this position, you must have:
- a degree in a Mathematics, Science, Engineering, or an IT discipline
- a love for helping people and solving problem
- a passion for technology and aspire to grow your technology experience
- an instinct to communicate and collaborate with others
- ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail and follow-up
- strong work ethic and flexibility to take on varied responsibilities
Desirable technical skills and experience:
- exposure to:
- undergraduate level mathematics, e.g., calculus and/or statistics/probability
- financial derivatives and securities; for example:
- an understanding of the important characteristics that define the various contract types (e.g., expiry date, day count convention, coupon, strike, reference rate, rate tenor)
- an appreciation for the quantitative methods used to calculate their value (e.g., discount curves, forward curves, volatility surfaces, Black Scholes formula, model calibration)
- IT experience; for example:
- Systems Administration experience
- cloud experience such as AWS
- virtualization and containers
- programming in Python and other languages
- understanding of database structures, principles, and practices
At FINCAD you get to solve interesting problems in an intellectually challenging environment and work alongside smart, driven people who work hard to provide financial software solutions that matter. The learning is continuous and work-life balance is achievable through a generous vacation policy.