FINCAD, the Capital Markets Group within Zafin, empowers capital market participants to solve complex derivative analytics problems with simplicity. The key to our success for over 30 years is our combination of innovative engineering and a highly dedicated team committed to going above and beyond to help customers and partners achieve their goals. Products and services will continue to be offered under the FINCAD brand. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with offices globally, FINCAD delivers the technology that instills Confidence in Risk.
We are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer in British Columbia for the last 11 years and a Top Canadian SME employer for the last three years in a row.
Reporting to President, Capital Markets Group, Vice President and Head of Product Management, you will be responsible for product strategy for the Capital Markets Group - setting strategy, leading the team to execute, and playing a direct role with customers. You will create value for customers and define our position in the Capital Market space, focusing on derivatives, fixed income, and risk analytics. Responsibilities include:
Strategy & Leadership
- Define and build the market and product strategies to drive the growth objectives for the Capital Markets Group.
- Examine and weigh market dynamics, competition, customer feedback and needs, technology, and market trends to refine our current and future offerings. Develop positioning and messaging that differentiates Capital Markets.
- Lead Product Strategy for the Capital Markets Group with a focus on new products and market opportunities, and new revenue streams
- Lead the creation and prioritization of the Product Roadmap in collaboration with GTM and Product Strategy Banking Group, Product Design & Engineering, and Chief Analytics Officer. Translate product strategy into detailed requirements for product development
- Evaluate and prioritize remediation of gaps in product capabilities or extensions to the capabilities
- Optimize existing product assets by identifying new ways to package and distribute the existing capabilities.
- Plan and orchestrate the launch of new offerings/solutions for existing markets (whitespace) and new markets (adjacent markets)
Management of People and Resources
- Lead the Product Management team, hiring, developing, driving, and recognizing superior performance. Direct management of assigned roles as well as hands-on execution
- Ensure the team is supported and enabled to perform to full potential; oversee performance management, ensure business continuity and succession planning, and onboard / offboard team members when necessary.
Measures of Success
- Capital markets ACV and ARR with a focus on software and services that are highly scalable
- Growth of SAM/SOM. Drive expansion of existing and new offerings
- Enhance competitive position Capital Markets IP
To be successful, you must have:
- At least 5 years of product strategy experience for cloud-native services and API as SaaS offerings in Capital Markets.
- Extensive Capital markets expertise in trading, risk management, or related technology. Practical experience with derivatives and fixed income analytics across several asset classes.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering commercially focused, high-growth software as a service solution in the capital markets fintech space.
- Deep understanding of Buy and Sell-side technology stack and experience in integrating solutions with them.
- Tech-savvy to stay abreast of constantly evolving technologies. Coding experience in Python, as well as knowledge about building scalable and performant cloud-native APIs, is a pre-requisite
- Experience conducting market research, developing business cases, creating strategic product roadmaps, and partnering with engineering to deliver successful new product offerings on time and within budget. Ability to drive product vision, go-to-market strategy, and design discussions.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills with the ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority.
- Will require flexible working hours based on business needs and global collaboration across multiple time zones.
What we offer!
If you work with us, we expect you’ll show the spirit, drive, and intellect that make you great. We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive remuneration and benefits, and excellent opportunities for professional and personal growth. If you believe you are up for the challenge, please apply.
Zafin welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.