Would you like to expand your knowledge of key topics in derivatives finance—all in an informal and interactive setting? Then you might want to check out one (or all) of FINCAD’s upcoming workshops.
In the coming months, we will be holding a series of complimentary workshops, where we will explore:
- Python use and best practices,
- the impact of the end of Libor and how to cope,
- cashflow, LDI and ALM management,
- and additional hot topics in derivatives and finance.
All workshops will be held in FINCAD’s London office in the evenings. Those joining our sessions will hear the views of FINCAD’s subject matter experts and are invited to contribute their own ideas, comments and questions. Attendees will also enjoy pizza, beer, and good conversation following the sessions.
Our first workshop, “Taking you from Excel to Python,” is scheduled for Wednesday, September 18. It’s clear that Python is taking the finance industry by storm. In fact, this versatile programming language is quickly becoming the development tool of choice for hedge funds and other investment firms. But often, it is difficult to know how to get started working with Python. In our session, we will help answer common questions around Python use, covering the following topics:
- An Introduction to working with Python
- Similarities that exist between Python and Excel
- How Python libraries like Pandas and NumPy make analysis of large datasets more seamless
- Live analysis of a multi-dimensional dataset of trade valuations, under a grid of scenarios
If you are interested in attending our Python workshop, register today, as space is limited. If you’d like us to keep you posted on additional upcoming workshops, please submit your contact information here. You can also check back with our events section, where we will post the most up-to-date details on workshops and other events of interest.