The fund identified FINCAD as the ideal partner providing best-in-class valuation and risk analytics with comprehensive coverage for all asset classes associated with their rates trading desk. FINCAD was ultimately selected based on its:
- Object-oriented library for maximum modeling flexibility, with superior curve-building capability;
- Granular P&L reporting capabilities;
- Ability to model individual securities, with customized risk reports for each;
- Ability to run multiple scenario analyses for different market conditions, with the option to adjust the full range of model inputs;
- Ability to build granular, high performance P&L explained reporting using FINCAD’s Algorithmic Differentiation, for better insight into the effectiveness of hedging strategies;
- FINCAD’s powerful Python SDK, with a flexible market data connectivity framework; and
- Expert support from a deep bench of financial engineers and quantitative developers.
FINCAD enabled a rapid implementation timeline, which helped the fund to quickly begin using their solution. There is a small team of portfolio managers and quant developers using FINCAD’s solution currently, and there are plans for swift expansion. The fund has also enlisted FINCAD’s expert consulting services to assist them with implementing their solution. A dedicated team of quantitative experts helps with training, prototyping, and answering any technology-related questions.